This semester has been a doozy, and if you’ve been following any of my posts, you only know the half of it. Crazy roommate syndrome, demons, idiots, boys, all on top of a crazy course load. There are few things that could have made it any worse.
But this isn’t about those negatives, because I seriously need to stop focusing on that part. This is my 50th post and it is a time for celebrating. This post is about all of the things that helped me through, the things that kept me sane, the reason I didn’t drop out of school halfway through this semester and go home forever.
1. My Sane Roommate: through all of this, we have gotten so much closer, and quite frankly, she is the greatest friend I could have ever hoped to encounter in college. She keeps me grounded, she’s made me – at least seem – that much more intelligent because she’s just so damn smart. Best of all, she showed me what it is like to be stood up for on the fiercest of levels. She is a quiet person, but she showed how strong she was in so many ways this semester, and I am proud of her for that.
2. My Friends: that have stuck by my side despite the drama I seem to bring into their lives, and the fact that I have been a complete hermit all semester. In the last few days when I was so done I said screw it and decided to be social, it was as if no time had past at all, and everything was as it always had been. After everything with losing people in my life this semester, it was good to know there were people that still cared.
3. My 3.0 GPA: I don’t have a clue how I pulled this one off considering I thought I was going to have a 2.0 this semester. A few good final grades, some added participation, and some small miracle got me to keep my scholarship and decent GPA.
4. The necessities: a roof over my head, shoes on my feet, and the ability to somehow make my electric bill every month. Living on your own makes you think a lot more about appreciating all the things you have.
5. Skating: for passing my tests, my incredible coach, my escape and my stress reliever.
I hope that next semester is far better than this past one, and that all these positives stay positive. Wish me luck xoxo